divendres, 3 de juny del 2016

#4 Weekly report

Hello everyone,

this Tuesday I finally finished classes and until June 23rd I will only have two or three exams per week and this will allow me to work more time in Mixxx.

During this week my mentor and I finished the idea of having multiple features showing at the same time in different panes. To handle this we created the LibraryViewManager concept and I wrote about it in the Mixxx-devel mailing list. Unfortunately the design was not correct and RJ made me realize about it. Many things that were going to be in the LibraryViewManager were already added in the Library class (which is in fact the Library Manager).

With this change I had to create another concept to manage the option to have multiple features showing at the same time in the library and I created the LibraryPaneManager that will handle all the
shown panes in the GUI. I spend some hours to finish the idea and I had to do several mockups, that are currently on the wiki.

 Then after I had to change many code that I've already added to fit the new idea and the new manager. The LibraryPaneManager idea is to have a manager for every pane shown in the Library GUI. Since there will be one left pane shared between all right panes the LibraryPaneManager purpose is to allow to add to the existing code as few changes as I can. And to do this I spend many time trying understand at 100% how the Library code works.

Here is an exploded drawing of how the features' widgets will go and how each pane manager will handle the right pane and the left pane.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada