divendres, 27 de maig del 2016

#3 Weekly report

During this week I have been doing design tasks. I started checking the viability of the WLibraryStack class and if it can be useful and for the moment it is coded but it is not very clear its utility in the current state.
Also, on Tuesday I had a chat with my mentor to decide how to add new Library Features and how to make a very useful and dynamic design. We decided (it was almost all his idea) to separate the future button bar and the tree view for some items. Also all features will have a left pane (with the tree or controls) and a right pane (with the table) and will be categorized as follows:

  • Auto DJ like features that have a track table (right pane) and a set of control widgets (left pane)
  • Crates like features with the tree (left pane) and the table (right pane)
  • Features without a track table like "notes"
At this point the project seems nearly the same as my original proposal but there will be another option allowing the user to view two features at once, it's inspired in the Nemo file manager and will have the same behavior, the left pane is shared between the two right panes and when the user focus one of them the left pane changes to the corresponding feature left pane. 

Here there's a mock up of the new features options: 



The implementation details can be found in the wiki page that is currently updated with all the ideas (http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/library_layout_redesign)

Also after talking to my mentor we decided that during this week I will define weekly goals and a midterm goal to deliver this new features option. So I changed all the timeline in the wiki to match the current state of the project and also I had to update all the info that was outdated in the wiki to show the current idea.




4 comentaris:

  1. Hi Joan -- I'm not sure that a StackedWidget makes sense for the LibraryViewManager. The individual panes themselves would make sense to be stacked views -- WLibrary is already a stacked view and each item in teh stack is a LibraryView -- so that's how this is currently implemented.

    ResponElimina
  2. Oh, maybe I didn't explain it well, every pane has it's own stackedWidget and there's no global stackedWidget

    ResponElimina
  3. Oh I see -- in that case can you reuse WLibrary?

    ResponElimina
  4. Yes and after seeing your message in the mixxx-devel now I'm concerned to use it

    ResponElimina